Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fourier Series Sucks

The Fourier series, or as the new generation of undergraduate engineers calls it, the Farfour Series (if you don't get that joke, just don't worry, many don't know Arabic so you're not alone) is a curse.

And I have a quiz in it tomorrow. And that quiz is gonna be an MCQ quiz. Imagine that. Math done with MCQs. Not that it's unheard of, just that it's an extremely dumb way to do anything that relates in any way to mathematics...or so I think. This isn't moving forward, this is...I dunno, just dumb.

Now.
I have to go and study the Farfour Series...Each problem takes about 2 pages to solve and about an hour to write down the answer. Gah.

Cheers...I guess.

2 comments:

Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

Threadlike, God help you dude!

I HATE the Fourier series!!! Worst/hardest thing I had to learn at uni =\

Hamdy Elgammal said...

We should make a club for everyone who hates the thing; we'd get a LOT of members! It's so...ridiculous and they never even told us what's useful about all that silly amount of computation xD